Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 embedded video problems

Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning!

I have inherited a very large (3.69 GB) captivate project that includes several embedded videos. The client was running it from a USB flash drive, apparently. We cannot host it on our SharePoint site because it is too large and also because it won't run from Chrome or Edge (a larger problem for another post). Additionally, it is training for external partners who do not have access to our intranet or shared drives.

I was able to find a host for it through our Corporate Branding group on their Widen Asset site. So, I converted it to an MP4 and asked them to upload it. My problem is that the embedded video runs for a second, then stops. Any advice? I'm not super techy, so keep it simple, please :). No scary code talk for this girl! 

Thanks in advance!

Mary Saunders

TOPICS
Advanced , Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3.6GB How long are your videos? I would advise you to compress your videos to make them easier to buffer. I had similar work before, One of my customers had high res videos of 2GB but I managed to compress to 800MB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eeehm...

You have been using Captivate since version 6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that I do not have any edit rights to the embedded videos right now. But, if that's the issue, I can push back and see what the owner can do. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your videos are way to large to deliver as a progressive download.  You should be looking into hosting them with a video streaming service such as Vimeo or similar and then linking to them from the Captivate modules.  The video streaming server will decide (according to the end user's bandwidth) how to deliver a suitably configured video stream.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Rod. I agree. This is a complicated project that was outside of my control/input in any way. I had just requested that the videos be placed on our company streaming service last week. I think this will be the way to go. 

Mary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources