• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 Error when Publishing

New Here ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently upgraded to Cap 2019. When I publish a project I am getting an unknown exception:

..\..\..\source\components\ziputils\CPInternalZipUtils.cpp716

What I'm trying to do is create the zip file for uploading onto our LMS. I've had no problems doing this with previous versions of Captivate.

I'll ask our IT guys to look into it as I'm not a techie person! Can anyone give me some guidance as to what to tell IT to do please?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks a little to me like you might be trying to publish the zip file from Captivate to a location that is NOT local on your computer hard drive.

Have you configured Captivate's Default Locations in Preferences to point to only local hard drive folders?

Where is the folder you are currently publishing to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rod. Strangely enough it seems to be working this morning! I'll keep an eye on it though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue, but with a twist. It works fine the first few times I publish something in a session. If I leave the file sit open while I work on other things for a while (say 30-60 minutes), I get the error the next time I publish.

For example, the following occurred today:

1. Published the course successfully 3 times (kept finding errors after I tested in our LMS)
  2. Stepped away for a meeting - left it running.
  3. Attempted to publish again - got the error. Publish failed.
  4. Closed and reopened Captivate. Opened project and published. Success.
  5. Worked on something else with Captivate open in the background.
  6. Changed 2 letters in the title and attempted to republish - same error again.
  7. Found an extra Adobe Captivate process running invisibly using Windows Task Manager. Killed it.
  8. Closed and reopened Captivate. Opened project. Changed the same two letters. Still won't publish.

So now I'm stuck. Might try rebooting Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was experiencing the same issue today. I was able to publish my file after changing the Project Title in the "Publish To My Computer" window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and good afternoon,

Im having a very similar problem that i cant seem to fix. I was working on my course this morning, and went to save my progress only to find out about this terrible error. Needless to say i lost all my progress, but now can not publish, or save anything without recieving this error. Has anyone found a solution to this error yet? BTW ive tried the other possible fix's, and nothing has fixed it yet.

Intel i7 9900k cpu

Nvidia 2070 gpu

32gb Ram.

1tb HDD

500gb SSD Program is on this one, and current working folder is located on the desktop where my file i was working on is at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems like everyone is experiencing this. Here is an active thread on the issue:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/captivate/unknown-exception-source-components-ziputils-cpinternalzipu...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources