Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 freezing and memory runs out after using few panoramic slides

New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. 

I having a specific problem, when using 360 slides in my project. 

For my project I use blank project with mix of 360 and default slides, because i need to show the process in facilitie, where you navigate through 360 slides to some control panels and then you can see the process on control panel. 

There is 95 slides, where 10 of them is 360 slides. And there are only 4 different panoramic pictures in project. Rest of the slides is default slides with some interaction on it. 

So, when I published project, and run it, after entrance 4-5 panoramic slide, my computer start to "super freezing". The PC control panel shows me, that 98 % of my ram is used by chrome. And project stuck. 

Through the console there is the same process opening in every 360 slide "threejs" and if you jump to this slide twice and more, it restart the process "threejs" but it didn't clean, after you exit 360 slide. So i can't get through all project dou to ram dump. I have 16 gb ram in my PC. 

Can you help me with this issue, please?

P.S. sorry for my bad English)

TOPICS
Advanced , Virtual reality

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Vladimir. I'm sorry I can't help you with this but I just thought I'd let you know you are not alone.

I've been working a project for a while now that has about 10 VR slides. In every single browser I've tested it on, there is the same grinding halt that you describe after about 4 slides. So far, I have been unable to get any direct support from Adobe about this.

It also appears that the HTML5 output from Captivate needs to have its javascript updated for a newer version of three.js which is compatible with WebXR instead of the defunct WebVR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There has been a hotfix for your last sentence... I installed it, will try to find it and post the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources