• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 Hangs on first launch after install

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 2019 Hangs on first launch after install. No errors, no message it just hangs. Have reinstalled a few times now with no success. Tried running as Admin and in Win 8 compatibitlity mode with no luck either.

HP Pavilion x360 Convertable 14-cd1xxx
CPU: i7-8565U @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz
RAM: 16GB
System: 64-bit OS, x64-based processor
Windows 10 Home 1903

Anyone ever see this before?

Captivate 1.JPGCaptivate 2.JPGcaptivate 3.JPGCaptivate 4.JPGCapture.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not need to run with comapatibility mode for Win 8.  You DO need to launch Captivate with Run As Administrator privileges (that's the option shown lower down in your screenshot).  That's not the same as being an Admin on your own computer.

You system specs seem adequate.  There must be something else happening here.  Is there anything more you can tell us about your setup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the feedback. I've installed on a windows pro machine and it works like a charm. I can only assume there is something about windows home that blocks it from running. All the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources