• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 - HTML5 in Browser preview just spins - not previewing

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened a Captivate 2018 .cptx project and saved it as a Captivate 2019 file to make changes. Every time I click  HTML5 in Browser or click F8 to view my changes in HTML5, a browser window opens showing only this icon (SusannNutter_0-1597700350856.png) spining continuously until I close the browser. Please point me to a way I can view my changes to this project in HTML5. 

TOPICS
Project upgrade

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you are talking about an project made in CP2017? Is it a responsive project? Because F8 would never open a browser window for a non-responsive project.  Which browser do you use? Did you try another browser? Have you tracked the HTML 5 tracker?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right - old project made in CP2017. Not responsive. Let's just look at HTML5 in Browser from Preview icon. I used Chrome and IE (all we're allowed to use here at work). Nothing appears in HTML5 Tracker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Le me know what F11, Preview HTML in Browser is showing. The Tracker is not perfect at all, indicates items which can be possible in some circumstances (rollovers on desktop/laptop) and others are not indicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing was showing when I used F11 either. I ended up rebuilding the project from scratch in a new C2019. All HTML5 avenues of preview are now working. Thanks for looking into this though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Often it is quicker to recreate than trying to find the origin of the issues. If F11 is not working, for sure you will have problems with the published HTML5 output, at least in that browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources