Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 just unable to install Windows 10 Pro

Explorer ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

We have purchased a corporate license for Adobe Captiva 2019 and I am already starting to regret this. The software takes eons to download, its so huge and cannot even install properly. 

I am using a Dell Precision 5530 on Windows 10 Pro. Everytime I start the install, it tries to unpackage the files using Adobe Extractor and then freezes 75% through this process. I have tried logging out and in multiple times and even with different user-id's. Tried using run-as-admin (which normally works) The result is the same.

The saddest thing, is there is no log file for this install. Normally firms have at least a log for their process where engineers can go search and determine what the problem is. Well, not here !! Moreover I reached out to Adobe - who were very happy to wash their hands of this problem stating that there was probably an issue in my system with something which was blocking the install.

Not sure where to go now. Reaching out here as a last resort. Any suggestions may help.  

Regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was resolved !! I downloaded it again - this time from a mirror image closer to my location.

Not sure why the older version which I had downloaded from the U.S wasn't working !! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources