• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 -Master Slide View not available

New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create a master slide, but I don't have the Master Slide View option. I can't find the Master Slide View option. However, I can see the Reset Master Slide. Does anyone know how to get the Master Slide View option or how to activate it?

Thank you.

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 2.10.38 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

It is not a view, it is a panel. All panels can be opened from the Window menu. That is the way to go for both newbie and expert UI.  If you are in the newbie UI, there is probably another way but I never use that interface.masters.PNG

If you are in the newbie UI, the Master slide panel will appear in the left docking station, replacing the Filmstrip panel. There should be a button to close or exit the Master slide to have the Filmstrip back.

The Timeline panel (bottom docking station) is also valid for th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All panels, including Master Slide, can be opened using the Window menu. By default the Master slide panel will open in the left vertical docking station. I prefer to drag it to the bottom station, where you have the Timeline.

From the screenshot I can detect that you are in the Expert UI since you have multiple panels in the right docking station. So ti should be easy to do what I described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for replying. I did what you suggested. However, I can't see the master slide view option yet. I created a test master slide, but when editing it, the only option I have is the master slide background and I'm not in the master slide view option (see screenshots). What did I miss?Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 3.31.01 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-28 at 3.31.12 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Timeline to add placeholders or other objects to the master slide. You can add system variables, inheirt objects from the main master slide. Master slides are one main component of each theme, and each Captivate project is based on a theme. If you explained what you think a master slide can be? You repeat 'options'?  Look at the master slides available in the themes packaged with Captivate and see what they are. Quiz slides are always based on dedicated master slides.

I have lot of blogs about themes. 

Here is one blog explaining the setup of the master slides for Fluid Boxes projects, because I see now that you are using a responsive project.

http://blog.lilybiri.com/fluid-boxes-and-master-slides

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 12.49.37 PM.png

  

Lilybiri:

This issue is still unfinished. I can't find the option Master Slide View. See first screenshot. What I get is the Reset Master Slide option, but not the view option. For some reason, I can't edit a master slide. Can you please help me with that?

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 12.46.48 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not a view, it is a panel. All panels can be opened from the Window menu. That is the way to go for both newbie and expert UI.  If you are in the newbie UI, there is probably another way but I never use that interface.masters.PNG

If you are in the newbie UI, the Master slide panel will appear in the left docking station, replacing the Filmstrip panel. There should be a button to close or exit the Master slide to have the Filmstrip back.

The Timeline panel (bottom docking station) is also valid for the Master slides, to see which items are on the master slide. The timing in that panel has no meaning for the master slides, but the stacking order has.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources