Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 navigation and resume

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, can anyone help.

I have a Captivate 2019 project which has 25 topic buttons with navigation to each topic and at the end of the topic on the last slide a Continue button which takes the user back to the main menu and changes the state of the topic button to Complete. if the user exits they are returned to where they left off. The Continue button is included in the quiz and the whole module marked complete once the user has done all 25 topics. Everything works perfectly without the slides for each topic. I've started to add in the slides for each topic and all was fine until I added the latest set of slides. When I now exit and resume the user is jumped to a random slide in the module and completed topics are marked incomplete. This seems to happen once there are more than 300 slides in the project#. Does anyone know why?

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like either one or more slides are corrupted, or Captivate is choking on a multitude of duplicate advanced actions and variables. If the last scenario is the case, you didn't provide any information about how you set up everything.  Did you use indeed duplicate advanced actions, not multiple instances of a shared action? In consultancy jobs with similar issues I often could solve the problem by using instances of shared actions.

The amount of resume data sent to the LMS could be too big as well, if you are using the SCORM 1.2 protocol. In that case please use SCORM 2004 which has less limitations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you have overloaded the memory limit for SCORM 1.2 Resume Data.

If you LMS supports SCORM 2004, change the settings to that in Captivate and see if that resolves the issue.  The SCORM 2004 standard allocated a lot more memory for Resume Data because it had become a known issue with SCORM 1.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rod

Have used Scorm 2004 instead of 1.2 and now works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources