• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 - Preview Project - Cannot skip through preview due to audio synching

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings!

I feel like I am asking for something special since Captivate seems to have so many issues performing its basic features, but here goes:

I made a change to the very end of my project, which contains slides, narration, and music. 

I would like to only be able to watch the end section, however when I click on Preview Project (or the other options) I cannot skip to the end part without the audio repeating from the very beginning or stopping all together.

Is it possible to skip through a project preview or am I forced to watch the entire project?

On a side note, I have also tried watching just the slide in question, but the audio will not play.

Any help would be appreciated.

BK

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great to know if this is a responsive or a non-responsive project. If it is a non-responsive project, the only really valid Preview method is F11, Preview HTML in Browser. To be able to skip quickly to the wanted slides I would suggest to activate temporarily the Table of Content, with full navigation allowed.

As for the audio: it looks like Captivate sees your audio as one big project audio clip, which needs to be loaded fully on the slide with the first audio. That worked great for SWF output sometimes but is a spell breaker for HTML output. Prefer individual audio clips, one per slide and leave a small gap before and after the audio timeline:

GapAudio.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings!

Thanks for the speedy reply. Yes, it is not responsive. The only interaction is the user hitting "Play".

I have enabled T.O.C, but am not seeing the option for Full Navigation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check in the Settings for the TOC to have 'Enable navigation' checked, and 'Navigate Visited Slides only' unchecked.  That is what I mean by full navigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I have it that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so having TOC turned on and with full navigation, using F11 doesn't seem to allow me to skip through the Preview without the audio still playing from the beginning. 

I assume my only option is to either watch the full preview, or have slide-specific audio, rather than the full background, which is what I currently have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read my first answer completely? It looks like you only read the part about navigation during Preview.

Please read what I wrote about the audio, and the necessity to have individual audio clips per slide and with a gaps for the audio timelines to prevent Captivate to see all audio as one long Project audio clip which always leads to disaster for HTML output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I will have slide-specific audio going forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you use distributed audio over multiple slides at this moment? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources