• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 Random Quiz with Multiple Attempts questions repeating on retakes

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created question pools and added the correct amount of random question slides to my main project and have now published. The user will have three attempts to pass this quiz. It seems that if the user fails the quiz the first time and retakes the quiz again, the SAME questions in the SAME order are appearing again.

My question is, Is there a way to ensure that on subsequent attempts, the user is seeing a different set of questions on retake?

I am using 11.5.5.553 captivate 2019 version.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The quiz questions are randomised when you launch the module from the LMS and those same selected questions will be shown for all attempts by the user within that session.  Only by closing the module and relaunching again from the LMS will you get another randomisation.  This has always been the way that Captivate worked and there is no option to change the behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks MR. Ward.

I  thought Adobe team has fixed this issues in his new updates or they will look into the same in up coming updates. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nope.  This is not viewed as a bug.  It's by design.

Whether they will change the behaviour in future versions of Captivate is anyone's guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources