• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 Return to Quiz not Working

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my quiz, I have the failed attempted set to Jump to slide #, so that participants have to review the content again before trying to reanswer the questions.  The problem I am having is that the "return to quiz" function is not working.  I have tried every combination of setting the slide exit to "return to quiz" and I have set a button to "return to quiz".  Neither work, the button does nothign when click and then plays through to the automatically jumps to the next slide.  I then tried to set it up so that the slide would jump back to a quiz slide, but it then doesn't allow the user to re-attempt the question.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want to use the 'Remediation' workflow. I will try to explain and offer you a link to a blog post. To use this feature you need:

• To allow Backward movement in the Quiz Preferences if the content slide to review is before the quiz slide.
  • On the content slide which the learner needs to review you need a custom Next button. That button should trigger the action 'Return to Quiz'.
  • Although that Next button has this specific action, it will behave differently when the slide is visited the first time, not getting there from a quiz slide. It will behave as a real Next button.
  • When the content slide is visited coming from a quiz slide, it will return the learner to the quiz slide, allowing a new attempt to an answer.
  • If the new attempt is also failing, the learner will be returned to the content slide, it is like an eternal loop which can only be broken after a correct answer.

To break the loop, you could have a look at this post:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/tweakemediation-get-out-of-the-eternal-loop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sending, however, the button that I created for "return to quiz" does not return back to the quiz.  I can get the quiz to jump to the correct slide, but I cannot seem to get it to go back.  As mentioned I have used the slide, a standing next button and a button specific just to "return to quiz".  None of them will return back to the quiz after jumping out of the quiz.  What's really odd is that I have the former captivate module built in an earlier version of captivate and the jump back and forth works just fine, however in Cap 2019 it is not working.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please, try to read and do the steps I described. The workflow is correct, still works in any version under CP2019. There is NO need for an extra button to return to the quiz slide. You only need ONE button, the Next button. That button needs only to execute the command Return to Quiz. 

I never answer a question without having double-checked the correctness.  But you have to follow the instructions correctly, and that seems not to be the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sending, however, the button that I created for "return to quiz" does not return back to the quiz.  I can get the quiz to jump to the correct slide, but I cannot seem to get it to go back.  As mentioned I have used the slide, a standing next button and a button specific just to "return to quiz".  None of them will return back to the quiz after jumping out of the quiz.  What's really odd is that I have the former captivate module built in an earlier version of captivate and the jump back and forth works just fine, however in Cap 2019 it is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources