• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 running issues

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having tried Captivate for a few weeks on a trial and been happy with how the program ran I took the plunge and signed up for a licence. Since loading on the full version the program runs at a snails pace with constant crashes and features like 360 dont work! I just get a white screen with no options for adding images. Im extremely frustrated with this as the trial worked perfectly, im not even adding video or images yet, its basically just text boxes! Im running on a 5k 2017 imac with 24gb of ram and run other programs like After Effects and Premier without issue. Has anyone else had these issues on a Mac? any pointers for getting them resolved?

Thanks in adavance Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you reinstall or just license the trial version? Anyway, try to clean the Preferences. Find the subfolder 'utils' under the installation folder and run the 'CleanPreferences....' file which meets your OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I installed the full version again. I would have liked to just go straight from the trial but as you are not supplied with a licence number I had to have someone from Adobe access my machine to get the program to even run. I have tried the 'CleanPreferences a couple of items with no change im afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you clear the Cache as well? You can find a button under Preferences, General Settings. 

If you are on Windows, do you run Captivate with 'Run as Administrator' setting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, cleared the cache as well im afraid. Im running it on a Mac. OS Majave. I just dont understand how things can work on a trial version of the software ad then not once you have paid up for the software. Im going to try installing again on a different Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a Windows user, don't udnerstand anything from Mac. Sorry about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No probs, thanks anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources