Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 scorm viewed in Firefox flashes interaction slides

Participant ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

captivate 2019 11.5.5.553

I have developed a training that consists of some mp4s added to a captivate project that are added to the project as slide videos and distributed across slides, and in the middle of the project there ar slides that have transparent buttons used as interactions for the users to click correctly to advance. The scorm package is added to a moodle LMS. I'm receiveing reports users are experiencing slide flashes on only the interaction slides - not the video slides. The entire slide flashes when advancing to the next slide. When an interaction is clicked correctly, the action is set to go to the next slide. It has a limit of two attempts. We show a hint on incorrect clicks. When all attempts are used, we show the mouse click the correct area. There is no slide transistion on these slides, and all objects have no effects or fade ins.

Is this a known issue or is there a workaround?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After more research, I have more details. This was reported on one training from a series of trainings. Most of my training's interaction slides have one visible object - a smart shape with text. No one reported thaat this smart shape was fading in on every slide. It is not set to fade in. Now in the newest training the interaction slide has two objects, the smart object with text and an image. the background, which is visible just a small amount,  is a solid color. In this training, both objects flash/quick fade in. I also noticed this happens in FF when I view it in the LMS. If the published file is extracted locally and viewed locally in FF, these unexpected fade/flashes do not occur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also meant to say this does NOT happen in CHROME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have actions or effects on the smart shapes? Like a motion path as Entrance effect? 

If yes there are two possibilities to avoid that flickering:

• Adding a short fade in transition to the shape
  • If you have an effect applied by an advanced action, combined with a Show command, apply first the effect, followed by the Delay command for a small duration before showing the shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. No effects, fades or actions on the smart object. A transparent button each page has an action shown below, its noting vomplicated. I've been avoiding effects due to they are unpredicatble in captivate (real disappointment). This is aFirefox/streaming only issue. Chrome never produces this issue. And it does not happen when I view the published file locally - its only when its in the LMS on a server and opened in Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021-01-14_15-07-44.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My gut feeling is that the 'flashes' are actually short delays while the component downloads before displaying in the browser, or because it takes the browser a split second to render the object.

I assume this because you apparently did not notice these flashes when developing the content from your own hard drive.  However, once you upload content to a webserver there is always a short time delay while the components download. With most HTML5 content  the components on each slide are downloade and rendered when you reach the slide.  This means that the end user's bandwidth can have a lot to do with whether or not you see these slight pauses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No action was visible in your comment.

I use a lot of effects, sorry that they disappoint you. 

Did you try to check in SCORM Cloud? Is it happening there as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources