• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019 - Slide Audion Preview Won't Work

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I just installed Captivate 2019 onto a new machine due to a lease roll at work. I have an existing .cptx file I had previously been working on. I have opened the file so that I could edit the audio on one of the slides. When I bring up the Slide Audio window, every time I click the Preview checkbox so that I can actually view the slide that I'm narrating, Captivarte freezes up (Loading Slide) and I have to close it and restart it. I have tried this about six times so far. I've cleared my cache. I've made sure there are no updates waiting for me.

I wanted to call Adobe to get help (as I've done in the past), but I get a message stating "Please contact your administrator for help. A member of your organization is a designated contact for issues with your Adobe products." I can assure you no such person exists at my organization. Beyond frustrating.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

That message from Adobe usually means your organisation has some kind of bulk subscription deal (or else Adobe THINKS you do) and they want support calls to be routed through that person to make sure you are a valid user.

You may have Captivate 2019 installed again on your new PC but is it the very latest major and MINOR version of Captivate 2019.  The install files used might be for an earlier version of Cp 2019.

When you check your version under Help > About Adobe Captivate do you see any

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That message from Adobe usually means your organisation has some kind of bulk subscription deal (or else Adobe THINKS you do) and they want support calls to be routed through that person to make sure you are a valid user.

You may have Captivate 2019 installed again on your new PC but is it the very latest major and MINOR version of Captivate 2019.  The install files used might be for an earlier version of Cp 2019.

When you check your version under Help > About Adobe Captivate do you see any number similar to this?

Cp2019Version5.5.png

If not, talk to your IT department about getting Captivate updated, and be sure to tell them that if they DO update it they also need to reset the Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Rod, and happy Tuesday! thank you so very much for responding so quickly. I truly appreciate it. Last night I decided to completely uninstall Captivate, re-download the files (to make sure I got fresh ones, and reinstall this morning. I was able to update to 11.5.5.553 (as you showed above). I also update Encoder (don't know if that had anything to do with any previous issues). Also, rebooted my machine. All is good now (so far) and I'm able to actually preview the slide while editing audio. Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear.  If my suggestions worked for you then please mark them as the correct answer so that others will know what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources