Participant ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Win 10 Enterprise 64 bit with updates

64 gb ram

Currently has Captivate 9 installed.

My employer has approved the purschase of a license for 2019. I have downloaded 30 day trial to install until the purchase is complete.

After download, extracting, and proceeding with the installation,  I'm having similiar problems like noted in many other forum posts, but Ive been unable to find a solution. I've moved the extracted folder to the desktop, ran the Set-up.exe as administrator, but still just a blank window with "Adobe Captivate Installer" in the title bar. Trying to close this window only displays "undefined". The application needs tb be closed in the task manager.

I need to keep captivate 9 until I can confirm this will work on my current system.

2020-11-12_11-51-43.png 2020-11-12_11-53-34.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an update - if signed out of captivate 9, captivate 9 is closed, and signed out of CC, running the Set-up.exe file as administrator prompts an adobe login, but on login I see the same behavior - a blank window.

Aby suggestions. Was excited to get going on Captivate 2019 today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have contacted staff, they will contact you and try to solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I wrote this post, I found this page and was able to install.

How can the installation be available for download without this note?

https://helpx.adobe.com/captivate/kb/captivate-installation-blank-page-sign.html#:~:text=Install%20A...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That kb note is for the very first release of CP2019, not for the present one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Im not sure what version is in the download for the 30 day trial on the site now, but it was downloaded the day before this was written. This kb note solved the problem for me. After install it identified available updates, and the update installed as expected and all is good. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources