• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2019

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like there's a simple answer to this and I can't find it. 

I am using a smart shape as a button, in the properties I have it checked as a button, and am using Advanced Actions. 

One button gives me the option to check "infinite attempts", but another button I built the same way (I think), does not give me the option, and I can only select it one time.

What am I missing?

Thank you,

Carol

TOPICS
Advanced actions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Carol ,

Can you please share the snapshot with us where you are not able to see the infinite attempts checkbox?

Regards

Rashi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rashi, 

The images of are two different buttons one shows infinite attempts, one doesn't. I have compared all the settings and cannot figure out why they are different. Thank you, CarolWith.jpgWithout.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshots are very tiny for my old eyes. But am I correct, that you use a name 'Pause' for one of the buttons? That is a reserved keyword, please use another name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing you have it placed on a Master Slide. If this is the case then it's automatically using infinite attempts and is also why you don't have the option for infinite attempts nor the reporting options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm... first thought so as well, but on the master slide the + button for states would have been dimmed, , And the 'Retain state....' otion would not have been there.  You cannot add states to shape buttons on the master slide, only on normal slidesn and you cannot activate the Retain functionality neither. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri,  For the top button I am only using the states, Normal and Rollover. I have a second button for the selected state, as that is the only way I can get a screen reader to read the state of the button, i.e., CC On, and when off the on button hides and  the screen reader reads the underneath button as CC Off. The CC button works great, but the Pause and the play button only works once. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not on the master slide. Both buttons are  on the first page of the course, and I am using, "rest of project". Should I try it on the master slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, it's the Rest of project that's doing this. And, no. Don't put it on a master slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at a functional Play/Payµuse button:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/custom-play-slash-pause-button-version-cp2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But why would it appear for one button and not another?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would never use a reserved keyword 'pause' as name for an object. Mentioned it in my previous reply, but you missed that. The other button has an acceptable name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lilybiri,

I did miss that on the reserved keyword. I will look at that issue. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources