• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 8 - difference between 32 bit and 64 bit

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone explain the difference between the 32 bit and the 64 bit? if i was already able to download and install the 64 bit TRIAL version, can i still download and install the 32 bit trial?

this is because i've already reached 5 attempts for the 64 bit full version, and there seems to be no other links to download the file. but for 32 bit, i have the installer .7z and .exe files.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to Adobe Captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the normal difference between 32-bit (can address less RAM-memory) and 64-bit. If you have a 64-bit OS, it is strongly recommended to install the 64-bit version because Captivate is memory hungry.

I'm bit puzzled because trial version means one month access to all functionality, it is not limited to attempts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! thank you for the advice. for the attempts, it was for the full version. I have purchased and downloaded for the full version initially, but because of the bad network connection, i have cancelled and downloaded several times. Now Adobe/Digital Rivers does not allow me to download because i've reach the maximum attempt to download. can you advice on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use the Akamai download manager (from Adobe) or another download manager? Those installation files are huge, you need a good network connection or use such a manager. I'm sorry, have no other advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was only able to use Akamai download manager when I downloaded the Trial version (as it was made available in the download page). When i was directed to the download page for the Full version (which i did before going for the Trial version), there were no instructions to install a download manager first....

Do you think Adobe will provide new links for 64 bit installer once I upgrade from the Trial to the Full version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no difference at all between Trial and Full version. You didn't have to download 'another' version, just enter your serial number, or log in with your Adobe ID (if you have a subscription license) and it will be a 'full' version. Sorry, you should have told that in the original question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone share the download link of Adobe Captivate 64 Bit? I searched all over the net but not able to find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources