• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 8 glossary sizing issue

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2015 Feb 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I finish adding my definitions to the glossary widget, it displays on the slide like this. Even if I make the widget box itself enormous, the glossary stays this size. Is this is a bug or am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated.  

Glossary.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this in design or preview?  Try looking at in preview (either in the web browser or just previewing 5 slides).  Widgets don't appear actual size in design mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was previewing it in my browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2015 Mar 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeremiah,

Could you please help me in understanding the workflow you are using to insert the glossary widget. If you will insert the widget by just adding the definitions it would work. I have tested the workflow by just adding the term and its definitions in glossary widget and it works fine.

It was a different scenario which was reported to the product team.

Regards,

Rajeev.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2015 Mar 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CP 8 (unfortunately not CP 7) and am having the same glossary widget issue.

I have tried using the import method to insert all the terms at once and have tried inserting them individually.

I even added the terms one-by-one and previewing after each add.  When I reach the 10th term, the widget started shrinking in size; the more terms I add, the smaller it gets.  Fortunately the glossary for this project is not large (less than 100 terms) so the reduced size, while not desirable, is livable.

This is the first of many projects, so I may not be as lucky on the next one.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Betty,

Can you try to download updated GLO widget from the below link and replace it with the existing on check :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/doqvt9n33ksnypb/glo.zip?dl=0

Replace the widget in the following location:

Close Captivate

Replace at below location:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Adobe\eLearning Assets\Interactions_8_0

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 8 x64 \Gallery\Interactions (64 bit) or

C:\Program Files(x86)\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 8\Gallery\Interactions (32 bit)

Re-launch Captivate

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mayank,

Thanks so much for your clear directions!

Support had provided me with an updated glossary widget file, but I had only replaced it in the Gallery Interactions location ... not in the Interactions_8_0 folder as you directed.

The glossary widget still shrinks a little, but it is way better and clearly readable.

Thanks!

Betty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else still having issues?  I've tried applying this fix a number of times now and I'm still experiencing the sizing issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Try to close Captivate , Replace the Interaction under :

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 8 x64 \Gallery\Interactions (64 bit) or

C:\Program Files(x86)\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 8\Gallery\Interactions (32 bit)

Then go to : C:\Users\Public\Documents\Adobe\eLearning Assets\Interactions_8_0 and Rename Interaction_8.0 to _old and then relaunch Captivate again and check the issue.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that seemed to work at first.  However, I closed Captivate again and reopened it, and it just reverted to the old problem with the shrinking glossary.  Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2015 May 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Can you share the XML file you are importing in glossary widget? Please send me a private message.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2015 Aug 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  The widget seems to work until I load my XML then it shrinks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2015 Aug 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Please click on the below link and download the latest glossary interaction :

Dropbox - New folder (3).zip

Unzip the file and save it to your desktop.

Go to Insert>Widget and navigate to the glossary widget downloaded on your desktop.

Let me know if this works.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2015 Aug 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't work. I installed the widget update and it is still shrinking.

2015-08-20_9-23-41.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2015 Aug 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if this issue could be perhaps caused by some character in the content that you are adding to this widget.

What happens if you just open a new blank project, then insert the widget, and DON'T add any of your content.

What does it look like then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello -

Also having trouble with the Glossary widget appearing too small to read with more than 10 words.

Where can we find the updated widget file?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this issue been resolved?  We are experiencing the same issue when multiple (30+) definitions are loaded.

Please advise.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rebuilt the interaction, removing any special characters and the issue didn't return. I'm not positive removing characters helped, but the error was fixed after rebuilding the interaction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have reported the issue to product team and as of now there is no fix available for this issue.

Regards,

Rajeev.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2015 Mar 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has the product team projected a timeline to fix this bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just FYI, I've spent the last hour on chat with Support and we've figured out a **temporary** workaround to this issue.  The widget functions properly in Captivate 7, and you can copy/paste the functioning widget into a Captivate 8 project.  This obviously requires you to have both versions of Captivate on your computer, but until Adobe's engineering team hurries up with the next update, there's no other way to get it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only for normal projects, not for responsive projects I suppose?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't experimented with this on a responsive project yet, so I'm not entirely sure.  Although I don't know why it would be any different?  Definitely worth at least giving it a shot!

They did tell me that this is definitely going to be included in the next update (although they refused to give me an exact date for the release).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some learning interactions have been refurbished to be used in responsive projects. Glossary widget is one of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2015 Mar 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I will communicate this with the rest of the team.

I think they still have Cap. 7 installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources