• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 9 - Don't have Advanced Answer Options in the Properties window for quiz slides

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to add some information to quiz takers when they select an answer to a multiple choice question that has a single answer (explaining why the answer they selected is wrong if they pick a wrong answer, and providing an explanation as to why it's right when they select the correct answer), but I do not have the Advanced Answer Options in the Properties tab (not the Quiz tab, I know it's not supposed to be there).

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Is this 9.0.1.320, latest version? Are you sure it is a normal question slide, not a slide in a question pool (which doesn't have the Advanced Answer possibility).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

I was puzzled by Rod's suggestion myself but never use the Newbie UI because I don't like that software is controlling what I see. Just for your use case: I have a Quizzing workspace where the Properties panel remains in the right docking station but the Quizzing Properties in the left docking station. That way I can have them visible at the same moment, if I want to use the Advanced Answer option.

Creating custom workspaces, moving panels, docking them or have them floating (very useful for Obje

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Enable Custom Workspaces selected in Global Preferences: General Settings.

You may not be seeing the option if you are using Newbie mode UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod, thank you. I did not have Enable Custom Workspace selected. However, I don't think that was the root cause. Instead, I think it was because, as Lilybiri explained, Advanced Answer Options are not available in slides in a question pool, which was what I was using.

That said, what is Newbie mode UI, and how do I get out of it?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was puzzled by Rod's suggestion myself but never use the Newbie UI because I don't like that software is controlling what I see. Just for your use case: I have a Quizzing workspace where the Properties panel remains in the right docking station but the Quizzing Properties in the left docking station. That way I can have them visible at the same moment, if I want to use the Advanced Answer option.

Creating custom workspaces, moving panels, docking them or have them floating (very useful for Object states) you need to switch to Expert UI. That is possible by checking the 4th option in the Preferences, General settings 'Enable Custom workspaces, panel undocking....' . Custom workspaces have not all the functionality they used to have in CP7, but most of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this 9.0.1.320, latest version? Are you sure it is a normal question slide, not a slide in a question pool (which doesn't have the Advanced Answer possibility).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri, thanks. That was indeed the problem. I didn't realize that question pool slides didn't have that functionality. Interestingly, as you probably already know, once you add that functionality, you can then add that slide to a question pool, and the functionality is retained.

Now I just need to figure out how to get the slide to advance when the user clicks on the feedback message after submitting their answer.

Thanks again, appreciate the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the second step in Submitting process: click on the slide or press Y? Clicking on the feedback message = clicking on the slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again - I didn't realize that the default second step (click anywhere to go to the next slide) still worked after you provided feedback. Now I just need to provide the users with the information to "click anywhere."

Gotta say, I'm just starting out with Captivate, but it's pretty cool. I'm having fun. Anyway, thanks again, really do appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate is fun, do not hesitate to  post more questions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the suggestions are to create a normal slide but but not use the question pool. How do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean exactly? Are you talking about creating a custom quiz slide instead of a default type of quiz slide? A question pool is meant to be used as source for random quiz slides.

Which suggestions are you pointing at?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use the advance option for my true and false quiz.  Looking at the answers below, it appears I don’t have the button because I am using a quiz pool.  I am new to Captivate and the thread suggests that the only way to have this button is to create a normal question slide instead of a quiz pool. I don't know how to do this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Advanced Answers is only possible for MCQ with one correct answer, that is right.  And it is not available for question pool slides indeed.

For a T/F question you can edit both the Success and Failure caption to give your 'advanced' answer, no need for Advanced Answer option at all. That is perfectly possible also for random questions. Edit those captions when you create the question pool slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources