• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 9, drag and drop - show correct answers after final attempt

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP! I'm pulling my hair out trying to search video and forums on this. It can't be this difficult...

I have a simple drag and drop - drag numbers over to the smart shapes to identify the correct order the text in the shapes should be in.

For the life of me I can't seam to find how to show the correct answers to the user when they exhaust the attempts.

I have it set for 2 attempts, the failure message appears, the slide resets and allows them to go again - but if they fail that second time... the user sits while the time expires on the slide and it moves to the next slide.

How can you show the user  - "Hey, you've been incorrect twice but here are the correct answers before we move onto the next slide."

Thank you kindly for any help that can be provided!

Jason

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

There is no built in feature that allows you to do this. After the last attempt you have the Failure action that can be executed (don't leave it set to 'Continue', which is what makes you waiting until the playhead reaches the last frame). I would create a duplicate of the drag&drop slide with the correct answers, which you could do by taking a screenshot while previewing the project and having completed the D&D correctly. Put that screenshot on a slide, and add the text you want to explain. Set

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no built in feature that allows you to do this. After the last attempt you have the Failure action that can be executed (don't leave it set to 'Continue', which is what makes you waiting until the playhead reaches the last frame). I would create a duplicate of the drag&drop slide with the correct answers, which you could do by taking a screenshot while previewing the project and having completed the D&D correctly. Put that screenshot on a slide, and add the text you want to explain. Set the Last Attempt action to 'Go to Next Slide' and you'll have your complete feedback slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked AMAZINGLY well - thank you so very much. Now I just have to have that slide not be visible if they get the right answers off the hop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case, use the Go to Next Slide only for the Last Attempt action, and set the Success action to 'Jump to ...' where you skip the slide with the correct answers. I don't know if you have custom navigation or navigation by a default playbar. In the last scenario, the user could still navigate to that duplicate slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case no one has informed you today - you are a genius!

I also added a "next button" so I could pause the slide on a successful attempt (that way the user can see the "on success" message)

When they click the "next button" it skips over the slide of the correct answers and continues on with the course.

Thank you so very much. I spent hours searching for an option and you helped me solve it in 20 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't lose so many hours, come to the forum right away

Just my Captivate intuition at work, no genius at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for some reason, the screenshot disappears after I publish it 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the icon to Insert the image, or some other method?

InsertImage.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is your question related to the original one in this thread? It is a rather old thread, maybe it will be better to start a new thread, and explaining what you want to do exactly or what your problem is ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources