• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate and SVG files

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have been using SVG files for my project and sometimes they appear fine but then when export in video they some times desapear and others they look very low res. The files this is happening too is more of a random situation. When I export in HTML5 they are all there. Any ideas?

Thanks

Eleni

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The SVG format is great when publishing to HTML5, but I'm not sure Adobe was thinking of their use when publishing to video. SVG takes a moment or two to render and this might interfere with publishing to HTML5. My advice would be to swap them out for their PNG equivalents if your intention is to publish as a video.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would never use SVGs if you want only to publish to mp4. SVGs need to be rendered contrary to bitmap images, there is no time in a video. That is the reason you experienced those problems.

A cumbersome workaround if you need mp4 output, parallel with HTML5 output could be to play the HTML output and record it with Video Demo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you I will try that as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I will give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources