Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate animations from one image to another

Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I want to create an animation that allows me to morph an image from one form to another.

The starting image has 12 objects, the end image should have 20 objects where there has to be some movement as part of the animation where opbects get created and moved to their final positions on the screen.  

Is there a feature in Captivate for this? I see a lot of animation stuff but doesnt really seem that it has this functionality.

regards

Mario

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would start by saying that you certainly could create something that would swap out your images but I am not entirely sure what is meant by morph and objects being created.

With native tools - fading in and out, changing states, sliding objects, rotating, skewing, etc are all possible and could possibly be used to achieve a look that would work for you. It may be some tedious work. As far as objects being created - of course that is done in development mode but certainly a hidden item could be revealed and moved on the stage.

In short - I don't think there is one specific feature that will what you want but perhaps a combination of features that, with some effort, might get you there.

If what you have in mind is a bit more complex - you might need to tap into some JavaScript animating.

Without a bit more detail - that is about all I can offer at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Stag,

I am thinking more in terms of an object - say a box and a arrow side by side .. being duplicated .. then .. duplicated again .. showing in slow motion how one objects spawns another while the narrative goes on. 

I am guessing I need to use the timeline for this to engineer the objects appearing but short of having any morphing software here or may be one that shows spawning is what I am looking for.

Thanks

Mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My answer crossed yours to StagPrime. You can ignore it since  you don't have access to other applications.

Explain the goal of the animation?  Or do you prefer JS?

With a looping advanced/shared action it could be possible.  Timeline can be possible, but depends (again) on how you want to use this for eLearning. Do you allow to pause the slide, do you have interactive objects, allow revisting the slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is what I am picturing in my head.

duplicate.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typical use case for Animate CC which has Shape tweens, what is needed for morphing.  The motion effects in Captivate are pretty much limited to classic tweens. Create a tween and export to OAM which can be imported in Captivate as a HTML animation. You didn't specify how you want to use that animation.

Alternative, but didn't test it out, coudl be an animated GIF (suspect animated SVG is not yet possible) which you can create in multiple applications. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources