• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate bookmarking is not working, project doenst resume form the last visited slide

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dear Adobe Community,

Can someone please help me with the problem I have with Adobe Captivate and help me preserve my sanity.

I have the latest version of Captivate 2019 installed, and I want to be able to resume a project from the last visited slide. The project is published to a computer and intended to run from the browser HTML5(see the attached images) and not LMS. Every time I reopen the saved project it takes me to the first slide of the project and not the slide I have last visited. In this case, every time you start the project you will start to form the beginning no matter where you left it. I have the option "Show TOC" enabled and "Self-Place Learning" also enabled. And as I mentioned that the project is not intended for use with LMS I have the option "Enable reporting for this project" disabled.

According to Captivate documentation enabling the option "Self-Place Learning" will do the trick, but I can't agree. I tried installing and re-installing Captivate, using different versions of Captivate, using different browsers, and installing Captivagte on another computer but nothing works. I have read that some users have the same issue and no solution. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bookmarking by TOC is based on local storage. That means that it will only work if the learner re-enters from the same system in same browser and she/he has not cleared the history/cookies. Was that the case?

Self-paced learning is indeed the option you'll need to activate this type of bookmarking. It works well as I know from the many published outputs on my blog. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thank you for your response. I can confirm that that I have
bookmaking enabled and I am visiting the project from the same browser. But
bookmarking doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't see a dialog box appearing at all? You can see its look under Object Style Manager, Runtime dialog.

Forgot to ask: did you upload the course to a webserver? I have understood that you don't use a LMS, but it needs to be on a webserver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for my late response but as I have said that nothing works and I just gave up on Captivate. But what happened is I managed to make bookmarking work only on chrome but not on firefox by having the option On start up "continue where you l left off" on chrome enabled. That makes it work just wondering if is that the case with others that manage to make this option work. I need to tell the learners to enable that option in chrome when taking the course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources