• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate closes project ctrl + W without requiring save

New Here ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After using Captivate for years without this occuring, just this week I have accidently hit the Ctrl + W shortcut and unexpectedly closed projects several times without saving.  I have learned that Captivate doesn't require a save when using this shortcut so I have lost significant progress each time i have done this ( I know i should save more frequently). My teammate also mentioned this happening to him too this week.  I am on version 11.8.1.2019. 

Does anyone know if there is a way to disable certain keyboard shortcuts in Captivate? 

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK there is no way to redefine or to block keyboard shortcuts.  My fingers are so used to do CTRL-S regularly but that doesn't solve your issue. Which type of keyboard do you have? It is difficult for me to reproduce because I am on a Belgian AZERTY keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click File > Close. There's no prompt to save even when there are changes. Tested on 2 computers with the same version of Captivate. 11.8.1.2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try to update to 11.8.2? I understand the frustration, which would be even greater if you are not on a US keyboard, and CTRL-Z is interpreted by Captivate as being CTRL-W and closes without warning. That happened to me a lot during beta releases. Are you using a US keyboard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to 11.8.2 . same issue. CTRL+W or File > Close, still no prompt even when there are changes. Lost 3 slides again by accident. I guess i'll just save as often as i can and pray I don't accidentally hit ctrlw..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

US Keyboard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I double-checked on my AZERTY Belgian keyboard and it shows the same behavior even for the new Captivate version. Since I had already so many issues with CTRL-W during beta testing, I avoid it like the pest. Please log a bug report. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow even the bug report doesn't work now. It redirects to a site i don't know, with no way to register.. Do you have a link for reporting bugs? all the links i tried redirects me to INMOMENT Allegiance tech.. (image attached)

Untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this may be a new bug introduced with the 11.8.1.219 build (notice it's 219, not 2019). I just tried before updating to this version (previous version, but I forgot to take note of it) and this functionality was working as intended.

Even if I select the Close from the menu, it does not bring up the Save dialog box on an unsaved project. Additionally, if I select, or use the kyb shortcut for Close All, it DOES bring up the Save dialog box.

Anyone else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same version, 11.8.1.2019. I was about to save, accidentally hit CTRL+ W (new keyboard, desk setup)

Project closed,  not even a prompt to save! reopened the project and lost 22 slides!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources