• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate course not marking as complete

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a course with yes and no buttons and submit. Yes is set at 100 points and no and submit not set to report. For some reason the course is not marking as complete at all, even if yes is clicked - it is still saying in progress/incomplete. Basically I want the course to mark as completed if Yes is clicked and in progress/incomplete if no is clicked. How can I get this to happen? My settings are attached.

Screenshot 2021-08-17 at 23.22.41.pngScreenshot 2021-08-17 at 23.22.49.pngScreenshot 2021-08-17 at 23.23.39.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to make an assumption here that when "no" is clicked, it's because the learner doesn't agree to and/or understand something in the material and needs to go through the course again? If so, this is what I would do:

Set it so that "No" takes learners back to some pre-determined area within the course (ex: the start screen). This is accomplished by setting the action on the "No" button to "Jump to Slide xx". At the same time, I would add an extra slide to your course that is only accessible by clicking the "Yes" button. The action you'd set for the "Yes" button is "Go to the next slide". On the following slide, I would put some sort of message along the lines of "Thanks for completing this course! You may now close your browser window".

In addition, you'll need to click the "Slide Views" checkmark above and set it to either 100% or whatever the maximum number of slides are within the course. By adding this extra slide and keeping the slide view passing criteria at 100%, you will accomplish what you described above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@colorito_elearning  Be careful with 100% slide views, which is not to be trusted for all LMSs.  There are much better solutions as have been explained in parallel threads with the same question from the same user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you enjoy telling everyone they are wrong? You seem to really take pride in shooting down everyone's ideas. You've done this to me multiple times on other threads, and not just to me. You tell everyhone "they are being confusing".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And look, I'm not trying to come off as disrespectful. I clearly see you are an Adobe Captivate certified professional and have a lot of experience. However, in my short time on these forums I've seen many replies/comments from you where you start by telling the commenter that their question is confusing. You have to remember that not everyone has the same level of experience as you and they may not even realize their question is confusing. That's why they are asking for help.

As far as people asking the same question in other threads: these forums are a bit clunky and confusing to navigate. Additionally, it is not my responsibility as someone merely trying to help to go through every other post the OP has made to ensure this is not a duplicate. Your comment "There are much better solutions as have been explained in parallel threads with the same question from the same user." comes off as though I should have gone and investigated this and/or are attacking the OP. I'm simply trying to help and my solution wasn't wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this now the third time you have posted this same question in this forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help - did you have a solution that might help? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already been giving you solutions in the other threads you posted about this same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, avoid to post a question multiple times. You may ignore that the people answering on this forum are users who spend free time trying to help other users. It is rare to see staff members here. Understand that it is annoying to see the same question being repeated over and over again. Similar to Rod I already offered you a solution, which you even claimed to be successful in another thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He can ask whatever he would like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, if he claimed it was successful in another thread, perhaps your solution didn't work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources