• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Courses without Captivate

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in a bit predicament an hoping someone in this community can help... I have inherited Captivate courses without the Captivate software. I have two courses in particular that are required to be completed by employees but they are not launching in our LMS, and all I have is the SCORM files. I was able to locate the working index_SCORM.html files among the extracted file contents; however, I do not know how to convert these html files into the workable, interactive courses that they were intended to be in another Content Development software.

TOPICS
Advanced actions , Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes you certainly ARE in a predicament, and I do NOT have good news.

You will not be able to import published SCORM files from Captivate into another e-learning authoring tool to edit them and make changes.

Your only hope would be to get the original Adobe Captivate project file (CPTX) from the original developer/s and then get a license of Adobe Captivate for yourself to open these project files and make changes.

If none of that is possible, and you only have some other authoring software to work with, then you will need to redevelop the course from scratch in that tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources