• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate crashes when saving

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For at least a week I've been experiencing a very frustrating random problem.  

Occasionally when I attempt to save a project, an error message pops up saying something like "an unexpected exception has occured" with buttons for Retry and Cancel.  No matter which one I choose - or if you just X out of the popup - a fatal error message comes up saying that the application will be terminated.  

I have found that if I X out of the first window, then save the project under a different name, it will save (it takes a longer than usual time but will save), but then I have to click on OK for the application to terminate.  Then I restart and load the renamed version I just saved.  

This isn't just happening with one project.  It's been happening with every project I've worked on the last week or two.

Anyone have anything similar happening?  Or any ideas?  This is a real pain in the you-know-what.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you already clear the cache (perhaps not for the most recent projects)? And Clean the Preferences? Here is a short blog post, with some tips:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/tips-for-troubleshooting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I cleared the cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about the Preferences cleaning? 

The reference to the zip utility reminds me of a problem which occurred on a Windows updat, but months ago. But it was solved. Are you on Windows or Mac? Did you install anything new?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any spaces or symbols in the filenames of the ones that give you trouble?

It can also be a problem with websites or LMS solutions that cannot process the filenames with illegal characters.

Best way is to avoid them altogether.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing unusual in the filenames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the initial error I'm seeing.  

ERROR.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm...

That looks a lot like the same error issue that appeared a few months ago.

Try disconnecting from Internet.

More details here.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/captivate/unknown-exception-source-components-ziputils-cpinternalzipu...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easier said than done.  I'm on a networked computer (at the office).

Was there an official fix?  I don't seen anything about it having been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue does seem to have been resolved but I admit that I am not sure if there was anything that individuals could do as it seemed like an update issue.

Perhaps that is why you are now experiencing it - did your IT dept. recently do some older updates?

If so, perhaps another is needed.

Did you follow the update link in the original post? If not, it is here.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/captivate/updated-having-trouble-saving-adobe-captivate-files-on-micr...

It would be a straightforward test if you were able to unplug - try to save - and then plug back in just to see if the save experience improves. That would at least let you know if you're dealing with the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are on a networked computer, you should still be able to unplug your network cable and also turn off WIFI (in case it automatically switches across).  If the issue you are seeing is indeed the same one that happened some time ago then you should be able to at least save your projects.  

The issue from a while ago only affected Windows users.  But I saw a MAC user earlier this week (or maybe last week) report the same issue.  Are you on a MAC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources