• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate embed Vimeo video into web object privacy settings problem

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a video hosted on Vimeo. The 'Where can this be embedded?' setting is set to 'specific domain' or our domain.  When I try to embed the video into Captivate I get the following error:

'Sorry, Because of privacy settings this video cannot be played here'

I understand that when on my computer I am not on my domain and I get the error. When I upload the published Captivate file to the correct domain I get the following error for the embedded Vimeo file: '404 | Not Found'. The URL is correct. Do I really have to make my video available to be embedded to any domain? That seems like a big security compromise. Is there any work around that anyone has found?

My version of Adobe Captivate is 19 build 11.5.5.678.

Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add, when I change the Vimeo 'Where can this be embedded?' setting to 'Anywhere' everything works. I really would not like to have my Vimeo embedd settings to be 'anywhere'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also I am using the 'Web' tool found under the menu option 'Objects' to try an accomplish this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources