• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Error: "Sorry, the location you are attempting to watch this lesson from is not authorized

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, hoping someone is able to help wit this issue. I'm attempting to publish a Captivate project as Video but receive an error stating "Sorry, the location you are attempting to watch this lesson from is not authorized. Notify your organization's Training Manager to address the issue" (see screenshot). 

Presets are custom based on the original creators settings but even when I try a preset fro m the available drop down, I receive the same error. 

Originally it was publishing content to my onedrive (organization setting) but I had this updated to publish locally and same issue. I even tried it on my personal computer and same issue. 

captivate error.jpg

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Lilybiri, thank you very much for responding.

Sometimes a couple of questions or suggestions moves us to solutions. When I previewed as HTML, it worked but when I preview as Project it didnt. It got me wondering if it's a specific slide and noticed that one of the slides has an animation with a 2016_domaincheck_widget linkeage. When I hid the slide or removed the widget, it worked fine. 

Side note: 

I found it strange that it stopped working. OneDrive was working until a recent Windows update my c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You tagged this with Advanced Actions? Can you explain why?

Are you sure that your Documents and the Cache file are really on your system, which wouldn't be the case if you have a roaming profile. I have read that you seemed to have double-checked that possible cause.

I have never seens this diablog box on publishing. Can you publish to HTML, just to see if it is the publish to MP4 which is the issue? Do you have videos embedded in that project? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri, Advanced Actions was an error. 

Originally the documents and cache were syncing to OneDrive but we stopped that and it's now saving locally (still didn't work). It seems to be with only certain modules that our vendor creates. I'm able to publish to HTML and there are no videos in the project. Right now its only the publish to Video that is giving me the this message. 

Even the Preview Project gives me the message. 

valentinf13465605_0-1655151877299.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose it is a non-responsive project. What happens when you use Preview HTML in Browser? Preview Project uses SWF technology. 

BTW I always use OneDrive synchronisation. Up till now I never could figure out why it works for me and not for other users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri, thank you very much for responding.

Sometimes a couple of questions or suggestions moves us to solutions. When I previewed as HTML, it worked but when I preview as Project it didnt. It got me wondering if it's a specific slide and noticed that one of the slides has an animation with a 2016_domaincheck_widget linkeage. When I hid the slide or removed the widget, it worked fine. 

Side note: 

I found it strange that it stopped working. OneDrive was working until a recent Windows update my company pushed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is very probable that the widget was SWF-based. Moreover publishing to MP4 means a passive output, all interactivity gets lost and that could also be the case, since publishing to HTML worked (maybe by ignoring the widget).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources