• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate free trail issue

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to install a free trail with new ID as the trial period ended for earlier one 

But no matter hoe many times i install the software with new ID the system says your trial is over pls purchase the software

can anyone help me to resolve this issue pls

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but to say it bluntly, that is cheating. You did have a trial to test out the application for longer than is possible for most applications. You really want it for free! Please look for free software in that case.  That you 'dare' to ask for a cheating workflow on the offical Adobe forums is not very 'respectful'. BTW I am NOT working for Adobe, just a user with respect for the developers and their teams, and with some ethics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a regular user neither am I a developer

I need to practice as I'm doing a certification on Adobe captivate

I will purchase it once I'm proficient after sufficient practice I do think
that's unethical

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, let me understand this:  You want to use Captivate without paying for it until AFTER you know how to use it.  Is that correct?

Consider this: The Captivate free trial period is similar to the way many car dealers offer to let you have a short test drive of a new model car.  There's a limit.

How many car dealers would go for this offer:

"I can't drive yet, but I want to use your car for free, for as long as it takes me to learn how to drive. Can I have the keys now?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it's unethical to illegally use software you haven't correctly licensed. Thirty days is sufficient time to try a software and understand its basic functions and know if this is software that you need to continue to use. 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you have installed the free trial there are registry and other data points in your system that identify that the trial has been run. You could always reformat your hardrive and reinstall your operating system, but as has been mentioned the free trial is a specific limited time trial and multiple installs of the trial is an unethical use.

If you cannot afford the monthly fee for Captivate and learned enough in the time your trial was active to at least know your way around the application, I would recommend watching online videos to continue your learning experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources