• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate has stopped publishing my Typekit fonts

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on a Captivate project for some time with no issue.

However, today I publish the project and Captivate is rolling back to non typekit fonts. Strange, as I had made no font style changes and before it was working fine.

So, I check the web projects on adobe font and can see that Captivate has not included any fonts in the latest publish.

See attached screenshot:

Screenshot 2019-05-20 at 11.11.02.png

You can see on the 17th of may Interstate was included. Today (20th may) not fonts.

Why has Captivate stopped including myFonts? I am logged in to CC, everything else is synching fine.

Any ideas?!

any fonts in the latest publish.

See attached screenshot.

You can see the 3rd version down did include the fonts and this worked OK. I have made no changes to font styling and Captivate should just publish and include fonts - but it does not.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you still see the licensed Tk fonts in Captivate?

Did you add the domain to which you publish in the Putlisin dialog box?

You didn't add more fonts than allowed for your plan?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lilybiri​

- Typekit fonts are still in captivate ( infact this font is displaying fine elsewhere, for some reason it's only effecting the text with variables

- Domains are in, this is also happening locally.

- I wondered about limits on my plan, but when typekit became Adobe fonts they removed all limits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a CC subscription you have a portfolio plan which has lot of fonts, but the free account coming with Captivate is limited.

Did you try to sign out of the CC app and signing back in? I had to do that a couple of times in the past when having issues with Tk fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again @Lilybiri

I've signed out, restarted the app etc.

I've even done a clean install of Captivate on a separate machine.

I've also copied all the slides and pasted into a new project.

No change in any case. It just wont compile the font into the web project.

I've also tried adding the font into the created web project via the adobe fonts page. (So the web project in adobe fonts shows it contains the fonts) ...but the published captivate project still doesn't want to show the font.

I've also tried changing the URL ref in the html to a previous font web project that was working.

Still no luck.

I've got a full Captivate license and pay for all Creative Cloud apps.

A fly has also just landed in my coffee. Not a good day

Really not sure what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done a little test with other Typekit fonts.

Despite all these fonts showing as available within Captivate and having 'add to web project' in adobe fonts, not all of them work.

( See screen shots below)

I guess this shows that:

- My Typekit / Adobe Cloud is working.

- I've never used fonts Bungee, Teeshirt, Cubano or Trevor in a captivate project yet I have mixed results so I don't think this is a font limitation / usage issue.

My conclusion is that some Typekit fonts just don't work! (but they did last week!!!! argh! What changed?)

The only viable option for me right now seems to be to change the font in the project. Having already produced designs and proof of concept in Captivate this is going to seem totally irrational to the client.

Is there another way to Contact Captivate / Adobe people about this sort of thing? The results here just seem quite random and are potentially a system bug?

Screenshot 2019-05-20 at 15.19.39.png

Screenshot 2019-05-20 at 15.22.26.png

Screenshot 2019-05-20 at 15.29.19.png

( My Adobe Font web projects. Captivate generates these every time I publish my project. You can see that only some of the Tyepkit fonts we're add to the different tests)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, had some troubles with my blog site.

I have no idea what is the cause here. Should I try to find a staff member?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lilybiri that would be great. Still getting the problem. Also asked a colleague to try on his own account / licence / machine etc and they got the same problem.

Feels like a bug in between Captivate and Adobe Font web projects.

Thanks again for your help @lilybiri !

(Image below of colleagues Adobe Font web projects. You can see he first tried it and it packaged the font fine.  But having then made a totally separate amend to the project on the 2nd attempt it stripped the font out. For the time being we have reverted to using web safe fonts only which is a shame )

EA77E854-A456-462A-B6E5-C7D7407129EC.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have contacted someone, hope they'll send a staff member.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Typekit fonts are working fine at my end. I have sent you a private message, please reply back and we can connect with you to troubleshoot the issue.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for getting in touch. I am away for a week at the moment but would love to resolve this issue on my return. Can we schedule something for early June?

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, just to add to this. Why is Captivating creating a new web project in adobe fonts EVERYTIME I publish it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having problems getting my fonts to render as well. Only mine is a first-time thing; this is the first project I've created.

I followed the instructions on this thread:

https://helpx.adobe.com/captivate/using/integrate-adobe-fonts.html

I added the domains when prompted but it still doesn't work. Now I'm confused because the instructions don't mention anything about 'web projects' settings like @

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind, it works now. I don't know what happened but all of a sudden the fonts are there.

I would still like to know why I get sent to the plan page when I click on the TypeKit icon. Because the instructions state that I should be taken to my account page that shows if TypeKit sync is available to me.

Thanx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you logged in the CC app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. I tried logging off and on again but I still got the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe a temporary glitch? If it is not repeated soon, wouldn't bother about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources