• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate installation (trial version) not showing animations, previews, or downloading characters

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm fairly new to Captivate (Storyline user) and am currently exploring the trial. I don't think the program is working correctly. Animations are not showing up, not timing correctly, characters are not importing, and single slide preview is not working at all.

Has anyone else encountered this? Any tips on a solve? I'm on Windows 10 64 bit system.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no single slide preview at all. There is only Play Slide, which is meant for editing and synchronizing.

Are you on a non-responsive or a responsive project? Especially for a non-responsive project it is recommended to Preview HTML in Browser (F11) and try with  several browsers.

For the other issues I need more deetails: 'animations' are what? Are you talking about animated GIFs, OAMs, or about Effects used in Captivate? 'Timing': what do you mean?  There is a bug with Characters in the Assets panel in the most recent version indeed. You can download characters under the Discover tab however. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for your response. This is on a responsive project and the Play Slide is not doing anything at all. When using "Preview from this slide" and opening in both Chrome and Firefox, anything set under the Timing tab is lost. Same when trying with the timeline. The animations are all very simple effects (e.g. entrance fly-in image from LS). When previewing, the images either vanish entirely or sit static with no movement. I will try the workaround on characters with the Discover tab. Thank you for the tip! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is to understand what you write. What do you mean by 'Play Slide is not doing anything?'. What did you put in the Timing Properties panel (I suppose that is what you mean by Timing tab) which is lost? Can you insert a screenshot of the timeline of a slide? Since it is a responsive project, did you set up Fluid Boxes and have items in those boxes? 

It is not a good idea when you are new to Captivate to start with a responsive project with Fluid Boxes before mastering the real basics of the application: Timeline is a typical example, because it is rather different from the timeline in a video application.  You should be able to test a motion effect by using the Play Slide functionality: did it work?

Please insert some screenshots to help understanding the problems. Check also the action On Enter for the slide: does it have the command 'Pause'? Did you use slides from the Quick Start Projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again,

Appreciate the response. The issue was indeed with the program. Just had a long call with support who mirrored the issues and had to fully reinstall the program to resolve. Seems to be behaving as expected now. Thank you for the response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources