• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Mastery Score (Captivate 2019)

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our new LMS is needing a mastery score in order to import the score.  I do see on the Manifest page that the score is set to 80%.  However if i open the imsmanifest.xml, there is nothing about a mastery score.  In previous versions i have read that this was included in the xml file.  What needs to happen in order to have this included in the package.

Note: our previous LMS was able to pull in the scores.  We just switched to Oracle/One Touch this week.

Please Help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has been a known issue for many years. As far as I know there is no way to configure Captivate's quiz settings to force the mastery score to be added to the xml tag in the imsmanifest.xml file.  You have to add it manually if your LMS requires that data if it is absolutely necessary.

As you said, most LMSs don't use the mastery score tag and are still able to calculate scoring correctly using other SCORM variable data.

Since you appear to be using SCORM 1.2, I would suggest you try using SCORM 2004 (if your new LMS supports that).  Perhaps it will handle it differently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources