• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate not displaying assets when the playhead is timed to display them

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have captivate file and I want to display assests in sync with the audio file. I have this all set up on the timeline but when I run the preview none of the assets that are timed to come in at certian intervals are not showing. When I use the play preview at the bottom of the time line it works perfectly but when I export it or preview it, they don't display. 

Any one any advice or suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Fergal

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

You have two interactive objects (Next buttons) pausing the slide at 1.5seconds and the second one a little bit later.  Apparently you didn't check the option to pause the slide audio at that pausing point which means it will continue but all assets with a timeline starting after those pausing points will not appear until the playhead is released. That can only happen when the button is clicked and you allow the playhead to continue. Move those pausing points to happen after the start of the las

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have two interactive objects (Next buttons) pausing the slide at 1.5seconds and the second one a little bit later.  Apparently you didn't check the option to pause the slide audio at that pausing point which means it will continue but all assets with a timeline starting after those pausing points will not appear until the playhead is released. That can only happen when the button is clicked and you allow the playhead to continue. Move those pausing points to happen after the start of the last object timeline which will be around 20secs.

Lack of understanding Captivate's Timeline is the number 1 stumbling block, resulting in many questions like this one on all forums. Please take some time to learn about the Timeline. Here is one possible link:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/pausing-captivates-timeline

BTW Play Slide is NOT a preview method, although it appears under the Preview button which is IMO a real UI bug. It is only meant to be used to edit slide timings, but will never give you a real preview. I pleaded to get it out of the Preview menu, but the team only agreed to change its name to 'Play Slide' instead of Preview slide.  It mimicks what happens when you click the Play button in the Timeline control panel.

Real Preview at this moment for a non-responsive project which will be published to HTML is only possible with F11, Preview HTML in Browser. You would have seen the situation as close as possible to the final output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to using captivate. I previously used Lectora Inspire in a previous job. I have a deadline for this job but I will be doing some training on all the features in Captivate once I get this job processed and signed off. I appriciate your response and the link to further reading on this topic. 

Many Thanks,

Fergal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Were you able to edit the pausing point as I recommended to solve the problem? If yes, please mark that answer as being correct. If no, tell if you need more clarifications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources