• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Offline

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Does working offline with Captivate cause many issues? I have been working off the server and noticed I have had a lot. I have now saved the file on my desktop. Noticed some videos and interactions missing.

Also I may have missed a setting somewhere as some of my slides move automatically and other slides the user has to press play before anyhing starts.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Connection is needed for several reasons: access to the CC app (needed for Adobe fonts) and to the Assets available in 11.5 are two of them. Captivate also tries to check for updates (Learning interactions) every time it is launched.

As for auto playing slides, that is not linked to being online. Check the Slide events On Enter and On Exit. They may be set to pause. You can also have pausing points in slides from the nature of the slide (quiz/score/D&D) or from inserted interactive objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I cant have Captivate online, All Adobe software I use is offline. IT update it when it is required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain the issues to your IT people? Sometimes they have 'laws' which cripple users of software. Tell them the limitations you'll have in that case.  We are in 2021 BTW, where cloud storage and cloud applications grow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have sent you a private message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I answered already...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Lilybiri has already answered your question, then you can disregard this. However, when I read your initial post I was a little confused at what was meant. If you're using Captivate 2019 and completely disconnected from the Internet or a firewall is blocking Captivate from sending/receiving data over the Internet, then you wouldn't be able to launch it or your other Adobe apps because it requires you to log in to Creative Cloud. So, I expect you're online but in a managed environment where you have limited control/permissions. If the question is whether you need to store projects in the cloud, I'd actually recommend against doing that and instead store them locally on your computer. My experience (and the experience of my peers) has been that storing projects on network shares, virtual/cloud drives, etc. can corrupt your project, which may be what you're experiencing.

I'd caution you against storing your project on your Desktop if your company uses a roaming profile, as this can also create issues. If you can, create a local folder on your computer to store your projects, and then copy them to your network or virtual/cloud drive a couple of times a day to ensure you have a backup in case you need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks for the response. IT have to take the machine to another building to activate and update all adobe software. Then bring it back to my office. I do not have any internet access on the machine I am working on with Captivate. Strangley things have went missing and I am trying to figure out why this is happening as Ive had to re do a lot of work. I thought it might be because I am fully offline. I am also trying to see if this happens off the server, so saved a copy on my desktop and I am saving my work onto a network every so often throughout the day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is an old thread... but what sort of corruption do you experience by backing your project up to a cloud drive? I've done this many times and I have a strange issue with my project where the audio cuts of randomly on certain slides. Nobody at Adobe can seem to fix it. I stumbled across this forum trying to answer a different question, but your comment got me curious. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources