Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate project shutting down unable to update or change

New Here ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maramaw75287414_0-1653967986543.png

I have been asked to make some changes to a project I made in April.  I changed some audio on it and mid save it got stuck.  I had multiple copies of the project, but every time I open any of them and try to make a change I now get this message and the project / all my copies shut down.  Help me.  How do I get this project to work for me?  

TOPICS
Audio and video , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Can sometimes be due to certain characters you may have added in the TTS.  Best to avoid any characters that are also used in programming.

This may have corrupted some slides.

Try taking a copy of your project to experiment on and then deleting groups of slides you messed with. If you find that removing a certain slide (or group of slides) allows you to save without issue, then go through the TTS on those slides and look for any unusual characters or symbols.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen if you just open a new blank CPTX file and try to make changes before saving?  

If so, then the issue may be due to corrupted Preferences.  Try resetting your Preferences.  You can do this by navigating down into the Adobe Captivate installation directory, then Utils folder, then double-clicking the CleanPreferencesWin.bat file there (if you are on Windows).

CleanPreferencesWin.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod,

Thank you for responding.  I just followed the steps and double clicked the clean preferences as per your screenshot.  
Afterwhich I tried to open my project I want to to work on, but I got the same messaging.  

maramaw75287414_0-1653968933307.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find out yet whether this issue occurs with all projects (even a new blank one) or just the project you were working on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, after resetting Preferences it's a good idea to reboot Captivate.  Even better, reboot your PC entirely just to be sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be just the project I was working on when I got the fatal error message.  I can then re-open and click through the project, until I get to about slide 100 and beyond (the project is 148 slides) and then I seem to get the message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I just restarted my computer and it is still coming up with the message 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to get stuck on the speech to text ... any clues why? 

maramaw75287414_0-1653970953046.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can sometimes be due to certain characters you may have added in the TTS.  Best to avoid any characters that are also used in programming.

This may have corrupted some slides.

Try taking a copy of your project to experiment on and then deleting groups of slides you messed with. If you find that removing a certain slide (or group of slides) allows you to save without issue, then go through the TTS on those slides and look for any unusual characters or symbols.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think that was the problem, thank you so much Rod!  I have removed all characters, and now there are no issues with the project.  Many, many thanks to you.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources