• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate repeating questions from pool?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,
I just had a complex request from a client—and before I go burning up hours trying to make it happen, I thought I'd ask on here to see if anyone knows if it's even possible.

I've been tasked with creating a quiz consisting of 60 questions separated out in four question pools.  The client wants the user to answer five questions correctly to pass the quiz.  They want the user to keep cycling through random questions until they reach a score of five correct, then they want the quiz to end.

Is it possible to have a quiz end and go directly to the results slide when a specific score is reached?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Sorry, was very busy coaching a live Captivate training lately.

Indeed, that is what I pointed at with 'conditional action' to use one of the system quizzing variables. You still will need to create a custom score slide, and what the client needs to have transferred to the LMS as result. Using the cpInfoPercentage nor cpQuizInfoPointsscored is possible, and those are normally the transferred data to the LMS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last question is rather easy to solve, with a conditional action on all quiz slides from all pools, including a counter incremented. But I am not sure about the rest of the question.

What do you mean by 'cycling' through the random questions? During one session the learner gets a fixed subset from the pool, amount of slides is defined by the number of random slides inserted. To get another subset the learner needs to restart the session. Why 4 question pools? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Lilybiri, the client wants the questions presented randomly from four different pools.  A random question from pool 1, random question from pool 2, etc.  and they want the user to keep answering until they've reached a score of 5.  Each pool contains questions that address a specific learning objective. Originally they wanted question 1 to pull from any one of the four pools - I explained to them that this isn't possible. 

Again, thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't understand what I tried to explain. You need to decide how many random questions you will insert in the project. There is no way to retrieve more random questions once they are exhausted. The only way to have another subset of questions from the pools is to close the session and restart.

It looks like you would need to insert a larger amount of random questions than 4 (one of each pool), but how much is a mystery. The required passing score will also depend on the number of random questions, since that will define the total score. 

It could be possible to use an advanced/shared action to count the number of correct answers and jump to a custom score slide based on that counter. I would not use the default score slide, due to my previous comments, since the required percentage to pass may be very low....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lilybiri,  
 I will be inserting 60 random slides in the filmstrip. Each one will link to one of the four question pools.  I think this part will be fine.

My main concern is to have the quiz end when the user finally answers 5 questions correctly.  I'm trying to figure out which advanced action I need to apply to each question slide.  Do you know of a tutorial for this?  

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I think I finally got it.  QuizInfoTotalCorrectAnswers is equal to... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, was very busy coaching a live Captivate training lately.

Indeed, that is what I pointed at with 'conditional action' to use one of the system quizzing variables. You still will need to create a custom score slide, and what the client needs to have transferred to the LMS as result. Using the cpInfoPercentage nor cpQuizInfoPointsscored is possible, and those are normally the transferred data to the LMS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources