• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate settings for Cornerstone

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently creating some SCORM packages for a client for use in Cornerstone on demand.

I have tested the packages using both Moodle and Scorm cloud and they work as expected. However my client is telling me that in Cornerstone, if a user goes back in to the package after it has been marked as completed the user is taken to the last slide as opposed to starting from the beginning. 

I have set 'set exit to normal after completion' in captivate which works perfectly in Moodle and Scorm cloud.  The only thing that seems to work for Cornerstone is setting 'never send resume data' to true in Captivate, however this of course means that the user cannot re-start where they left off if they quit prematurely.  I have also tried multiple combinations of other settings to no avail.

The client has also told me that there are no additional settings for SCORM packages in Cornerstone beyond a browser compatibility option. I find this odd as Moodle for example has multiple settings for attempts management etc. They have also told me that they have never had and issues with packages from other suppliers. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try execte this JavaScript onEnter of the last slide;

SCORM 1.2

SCORM_SetBookmark("Slide 1")

SCORM 2004

SCORM2004_SetBookmark("Slide 1")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply.

Would this work if I had a lot of advanced actions in the package?  I had initially thought of having a restart button to go back to the beginning of the project but would have to reset all of the variables and hide/unhide various items...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wouldn't mater. The only thing is that Captivate may overwrite what the JavaScript would do.

I had written a blog years ago about it and how to edit the scormdriver.js. All of this should still work though.

https://www.tlcmediadesign.com/blog/2015/01/controlling-captivate-bookmarking/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll try out the javascript on the last slide with a few different configurations and see how I get on.

If I'm feeling brave I might go through the blog and see if I can follow it, although it might be slightly over my head...

Many thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources