• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate simply quits straight after starting.

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am frustrated with Adobe as yesterday two of their techs remoted in and "fixed" my problem with CS6.

Today I find I have a problem with Captivate which gives me a bizarre error and tells me to "download a new copy of Adobe Application Manager from http://www.adobe.com/go/applicationmanager - which gives a 404 error.

Aside from my frustration with Adobe what can I do about this please?

Thanks
Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although Captivate is not part of the Creative Cloud, you need to have the Creative Cloud desktop Application open. Reason is that you can only have access to Adobe fonts, which is a feature in Captivate, if that application is open.

Can you check if you can open this application? Maybe it was closed when they have solved your issues with CS6 applications which were the last ones not included in the CC and with a perpetual license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lilybiri,
An Adobe support can onto my PC and did exactly that, working now.   They need to update their error message link.

Cheers
Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Frustrating indeed. Can you mark my answer as being correct, since it solved your problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources