• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate sofware simulations are jerky and flash on and off

Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project that is all recording software simulations and the quality of them is pretty bad. I have Captivate 2019. Does anyone have any tips.

Anne

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Update ASAP to 11.0.1.266 please.

Do yourhave a lot of FMR slides? There is no easy way to replace them, I am doing it during capture: stop the sim recording, use the button Slides, Video Demo. when I feel a FMR slide would be inserted. Anyway I try to avoid motion slides whenever possible: instead of scrllling, will click on the scroll bar.

Contrary to your workflow, I always record in smaller logical chunks, never in one big take at all. I find it much easier to manage. If you leave the capture

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you offer some details? Are you on 11.0.1266?

You talk about software simulations: which mode did you use, Demo, Traiing or Assessment? Do you use the recording in the original resolutions or did you rescale, which always leads to quality loss? Are you in a responsive or a non-responsive project, output to SWF or HTML? If it is to HTML did you keep the old FMR slides (Full Motion Recording) or did you replace them by the much more trustworthy Video Demo slides? How did you test the output: if it is HTML output, it should be done after publishing  and uploading to a webserver or a LMS (in case reporting is turned on). Which browser did you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on version 11.0.0.243

I used the Training simulation. I used the recording in the original resolution. I output to HTML, and did keep the FMR slides. How do you replace the FMR slides with Video Demos? I want to capture the whole thing in one take without stopping. I did upload the project to the LMS (Meridan Global) to test and I have been using Chrome.

Anne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update ASAP to 11.0.1.266 please.

Do yourhave a lot of FMR slides? There is no easy way to replace them, I am doing it during capture: stop the sim recording, use the button Slides, Video Demo. when I feel a FMR slide would be inserted. Anyway I try to avoid motion slides whenever possible: instead of scrllling, will click on the scroll bar.

Contrary to your workflow, I always record in smaller logical chunks, never in one big take at all. I find it much easier to manage. If you leave the captured app open in its present state, there is no problem to continue.

Ceck Preferences, Recording, Video Demo. On each install I immediately switch to 32-bit. That appleis not only to Video Demo but also to FMR slides (for what they are worth at this moment). You have to do so before recording of course. I wonder if the 'bad' look isn't mostly due to FMR slides?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources