• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate- Timeline display question

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now, unless I'm scrubbing, Captivate displays all objects for the entire timeline. Is there a way to only show what would be on that frame instead of showing me everything at the same time, ala every other software? The imminent death of Flash has forced us to build in Captivate, and i can't say I'm loving how cluncky this software is.

-Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You come from a video world?  Design of Captivate's Timelline is different, and both ways have advantages. To see all items on one slide makes it much easier to manage the objects (think about aligning, arranging etc. When you play the slide with the Play button in the Timeline panel, you'll see only the objects on each frame.  Try to keep slides as short as possible, it is perfectly possible to distribute over slides without the learner will be aware of slide transitions. 

I have published many blog posts about Captivate's Timeline, but this was in short the answer you didn't expect. If you want video behavior,  Captivate's Video Demo has such a timeline. Once you'll get more comfortable with the normal Timeline, you'll understand why I feel that the slide timeline is so much easier to manage, and to synchronize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not video, but flash/Animate. We have to convert our old courses to Captivate, and it just doesn't have the same capabilities. We used Captivate to house our flash files for use in Moodle. For future projects, we can design around this particular limitation, but the old stuff has approvals and what not to deal with so we can't change stuff around. I'll just have to deal. It's an inconvenience and I wish they had a toggle or something..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flash/animate has movie clips, which have individual timelines. Captivate not.... Have used both, but find Captivate's approach easier. Interactivity in Captivate is much more important (without needing scripting). There is also a totally different way of handling the different audio types. Some types of slides have automatic pausing points. 

If you explained more in detail the issues, could offer better help.

http://blog.lilybiri.com/pausing-captivates-timeline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources