• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate VR to Daydream in Lenovo Mirage?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this posssible, and if so, how?

I've followed the instructions and published to the web, but when I view the project in Mirage/Daydream, I can only see it as I would see it on the desktop, and clicking 'View VR' results in the split screen within a web browser window, not the full immersive experience.

Anyone got any clues?

TOPICS
Virtual reality

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

I found the answer to my problems - Google Chrome (in the Mirage) had updated to version 80 that had WebXR enabled by default and WebVR disabled. Changing this so that WebXR is disabled and WebVR enabled (via chrome://flags) resulted in success.

I assume Captivate will change its publishing settings at some point to allow for the newer WebXR.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the answer to my problems - Google Chrome (in the Mirage) had updated to version 80 that had WebXR enabled by default and WebVR disabled. Changing this so that WebXR is disabled and WebVR enabled (via chrome://flags) resulted in success.

I assume Captivate will change its publishing settings at some point to allow for the newer WebXR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank so much for sharing this valuable information!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lilybri,

There is no longer an option in the current Chrome to use WebVR instead of the new standard WebXR. This means the Captivate output can no longer be viewed in a headset with Chrome. Version 11.5.1 does not appear to have addressed this issue by updating the javascript output.

Do you know if a fix is intended for this, or where I could get more assistance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources