• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Vs Lectora

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Lectora from Trivantis for 7 years. While I had occasional issues with Lectora they were relatively minor. Overall, Lectora was reliable allowing me to publish CBTs smoothly. I work for a state agency, so there are alot of moving parts getting a class through from start to finish. Another department convinced the powers that be to make Captivate the standard work. I wasn't happy as I knew there would be a learning curve. However, at first glance I became excited when I saw what Captivate was capable of. It truly looked like the future of computer based training design. Since I already useseeral other Adobe products, I assumed Captivate would perform well.

Then I started working with it.

I have the latest version of Captivate 2019. I have a powerful workstation. The performance is terrible. Its close to not even being usable. I have search the forums, blogs, and anything I could find searching for a solution. It seems this issue has been going on for year. Captivate is slow. Not just slow, its like there is something wrong with it. I followed the suggestions I thought may have value: cleared the cache, updated drivers, even reloaded Captivate. So far in terms of a usable program that I can actually complete the duties of my job Lectora wins hands down. 

I want to ask if anyone has any suggestions of something Im doing wrong or anything can do to bring this application to a functional level. I have put a request in to switch back to Lectora so I can do my job. That will take several weeks. Thank you for your time.

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions , Download assets , Getting started , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understand you liked Lectora, was my number 2 but Captivate has lot more features out of the box.

Saddening that your experience is disappointing. Are you on Mac or Windows? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 professional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which features are missing from Lectora that are in Captivate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm forced to use Lectora from time-to-time and much prefer Captivate. The only thing I think I like better in Lectora, to some degree is MC questions. My wife totally agrees also.

Don't ever click on an open area to deselect something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say your forced to use Lectora, is it only the multiple choice questions? My frustration with this is Captivate does look like an exciting application. Even though still in its infancy the VR aspect is promising. If Captivate performed universally as it does for me, it would not survive. So its obvious Captivate is functioning well for many out there. A search will also pull up a large number who share my frustration with the sluggishness of it.

If I had a slow system or not tried all the suggestions found (including reloading) it would make sense. I have the latest version and it goes beyond perfroming bad. Its simply not usable. Brilliant features, a beautiful GUI, and all other bells and whistles dont matter if it doesnt work. One example of many is clicking on the assets panel freezes it. I end up having to shut it down. Now all the other users are starting to complain. Unfortunately, switching programs is a process. It was a bad move to institute the change without testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please show us a screenshot of your Preferences screen so that we can see what it shows for your two Default Locations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2020-02-21_16-32-05.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I'm saying is that if I had a choice, I would never use it.

Some contracts require Lectora.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources