• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate9 will not open

New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have read the other posts about this problem but none seem to resolve the issue. When I try to open the program, it will begin to initialize (I see the start-up screen and the first 2 processes running in the bottom left corner) but then the screen disappears. No indication that the program is doing anything after that. I have tried running as administator, I restarted my computer, I reloaded the entire program. The icon on the tray does not show that it is open but I can see that it is "running" in Task Mgr. although not really consuming any resources. 

Any ideas? I need this to do my job. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Those are the files downloaded for you to install Captivate.  If you have already installed Captivate then you need to look inside the folder on your system where Captivate is now installed.  For Captivate 2019 would be something like this:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 2019 x64\utils

This is what you should see there:

CleanPreferencesWin.png

You need to double-click the CleanPreferencesWin.bat file to execute it.  However, if you are in a corporate environment, this task may need to be performed by someone

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that the application is installed on your system, not on a networked drive? Do the paths in Preferences for the files and the cache both point to folders on your system, not on external drives or network drives?

Do you know exactly which version you are running on which OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 2019 (64 bit) is on my C: and I run Windows 10 Enterprise. It has been running without a problem. I have Captivate Projects and Cached Project folders in my Documents. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

!There have been so many releases under the name 'CP2019'... three main ones: 11.0, 11.5, 11.8. Please check the full version number.

Since it has been running without a problem something has changed; new applications, update to OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how I can check the exact version without having the program open. I can only see Properties when I right click on the program icon. Would the different 2019 versions make that big of a difference to the possible solution? If the OS has updated, what would you suggest? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understand... it is under Help, About Captivate but since you cannot get to that status.

Have you cleaned the Preferences? Find the subfolder 'utils' under the installation folder and run CleanPreferencesWin.bat. CP needs to be closed but that will not be a problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri, thank you for your help with this. Apologies for my lack of understanding. I saw previous posts about finding the 'utils' subfolder and cleaning the preferences, but I am not able to locate that subfolder, even when I search the Adobe folder. Screenshots attached of the folders I am searching. How can I locate this folder? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should mention that this is an extracted zip file that I originally downloaded when we bought the program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are the files downloaded for you to install Captivate.  If you have already installed Captivate then you need to look inside the folder on your system where Captivate is now installed.  For Captivate 2019 would be something like this:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 2019 x64\utils

This is what you should see there:

CleanPreferencesWin.png

You need to double-click the CleanPreferencesWin.bat file to execute it.  However, if you are in a corporate environment, this task may need to be performed by someone from your IT department who has Admin privileges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's the ticket! Thanks Rod Ward. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources