• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

change default settings – nothings happens on master

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a large project in german, which should now become english.
When I change the texts in the quiz preferences like "correct - please click continue" oder "send" in the button nothing happens on the existing master or on my slides.
When I insert a new master, it has the new texts.

Is this an error? I would have to redo all pages now.
Does anyone have a clue? 

Many thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Default labels in Quiz Preferences, when changed, do not transfer to the master slides. I don't remember since which version that bug appeared.  I have logged it but localisation is very low on the priority list as I have experienced since over a decade. This means they will not be applied to existing quiz slides, but only on new quiz slides. You may have checked the Object styles for the Quizzing category, you'll see that the default labels have changed there as well. I have tried a lot of work

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Default labels in Quiz Preferences, when changed, do not transfer to the master slides. I don't remember since which version that bug appeared.  I have logged it but localisation is very low on the priority list as I have experienced since over a decade. This means they will not be applied to existing quiz slides, but only on new quiz slides. You may have checked the Object styles for the Quizzing category, you'll see that the default labels have changed there as well. I have tried a lot of workflows: trying to make a new object style default for each of the quiz buttons, saving the theme and re-applying it but nothing works. Personally, since I need to localise courses, I am using this workflow, but it may not be what you expected:

• I always put the question/answer texts in a GIFT file, never do it right away in the course. Importing such a file is a breeze. Eventually it may be necessary to edit the layout of the quizzing master slides (which can be saved as a custom theme).
  • To localise translate the GIFT file.
  • Import (or edit) the proper Preferences. I have preferences ready for each language. That will take care of the labels.
  • Delete all the existing questions.
  • Import the translated GIFT file. Since text in another language can have a different length, checking out the result will be necessary.

Why do I not use a CSV file? Because I really had issues with a translated version, as I explain in this blog post:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/tips-to-localize-a-quiz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help! I've been looking into the GIFT format and I think it's great.

The fact that this bug has not been fixed by Adobe disappoints me a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is mostly Americe and English customers have priority, which is all but democratic. I have tried a lot to make localisation easier and succeeded sometimes (Default labels for Quizzes have been extended to include all what needs to be translated), but with the quizzing master slides I didn't have the same luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources