• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing content in Hotspot slide from Asset Library

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I am new to Captivate and am trying to use one of the 2019 Asset Library slides - specifically the one for Hotspot as part of the Alliance Responsive theme. 

When I add the slide to my project, I can easily see all of the hotspots and change the background and text on the main text captions. 

Where I am struggling is changing the text that appears when you click the hotspot. I can see that the action is set to a script and in the Advanced Actions, it clearly shows that when you click the icon, it is to display another title and content (for example, for hotspot 1, named Content_01).
When I preview the slide, I can click each one and different text appears correctly....however, I cannot figure out where that text exists for me to edit it and include the content I need to include.
Where is Content_01 in the project/slide? It is not on the timeline and I have looked everywhere I can think of. 

What am I missing on where to find those so that I can edit them so it appears with my content when the learner clicks the icon hotspot? 

Thank you! 

TOPICS
Download assets , Editing , Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

That is indeed the big problem with those Ready to go Slides in the Quick Start Projects from the Assets Library: there is no documentation available. I have written some blog posts aout their use, will post the links.

Since you clearly identified the slide, I had a quick look at that specific slide. Like most of those slides, it relies heavily on the use of Multistate objects and Advanced actions. You don't need to bother about Advanced actions (my speciality) but you need to know how to handle

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is indeed the big problem with those Ready to go Slides in the Quick Start Projects from the Assets Library: there is no documentation available. I have written some blog posts aout their use, will post the links.

Since you clearly identified the slide, I had a quick look at that specific slide. Like most of those slides, it relies heavily on the use of Multistate objects and Advanced actions. You don't need to bother about Advanced actions (my speciality) but you need to know how to handle the Multistate objects. Here are the steps you'll need:

1.  Open the Timeline panel (double click on its title at the bottom dock).
  2. You'll see two multistate objects in dimmed state: Hotspot_Title_x (x can be any number) and Hotspot_Content_x. Both of them are in the black rectangle to the left. However it is easier to select them in the timeline panel by clicking their timeline.
  3.  Select one of those two multistate objects by clicking its timeline (color will be different) and click the State View button in its Properties panel. The Object State panel will open in the left docking station (where you normally have the Filmstrip).
  4. The first state (Normal) will be selected and it has the text which you see on the stage. You can click the following state and edit its text, same for all the states. The Advanced action for the hotspot will take care of changing to one of those states when you click the hotspot.
  5. Repeat this for all the states, and do the same for the second multistate object.

I am sorry, you just selected one of the more complicated slides. Here are some links to my blog posts:

https://blog.lilybiri.com/editing-ready-to-go-slides-quick-start-projects-part-1-text-and-images

https://blog.lilybiri.com/editing-ready-to-go-slides-quick-start-projects-part-2-interactions

You can use the tag 'Ready to go slide' or Quick Start projects to find more posts on my blog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is perfect! Thank you so much! 
Multistates was the missing link. I had searched for every other word I could think of to let me know where it was, and that was it. Easy to fix with your instructions. 
I appreciate your thorough reponse and detailed instructions! Off to check off your other blog posts. Thank you again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome! I feel embarrassed because those assets are really valuable, but their value can only be appreciated when getting some explanations. Some projects even have 'bugs' as it feels to me personally. If you ever want to add audio (none of the projects has audio which is normally expected in decent eLearning courses), be sure to read this blog post as well:

https://blog.lilybiri.com/tips-adding-audio-to-qsp-slides-ready-to-go-slides

It is not up to me, a simple user, to write out the Help for those projects of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources