Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing HTML language attribute to "en-gb" before publishing

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Can Captivate 2019 be configured to publish content using the "en-gb" language tag instead of "en-us"?

My company is using a proprietary LMS which will only recognise content using the "en-gb" tag. I'm hoping that I can use Captivates settings to change this rather than have to try and source dev time to changing how the LMS operates. 

The closest I have found is the Project Publish setting under preferences however the only option here is English (US) as well as Deutsch, Spanish, French, Japanese and Portugese Brazil.

Is captivate limited to only publishing with the tag "en-us" and is there a way around this other than manually editing the published files?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A shot in the dark and untested...

...but what if you modify the main HTML file at the location shown in the screenshot to reflect your location?

Of course - I recommend making a backup of the original file first.

Line 2 resolves to  <html lang="en">  in my published products.

I am thinking if you hard code it as en-gb and test... may be worth a shot.

Stagprime_0-1628266457238.png

If it works - it means you only change it this once instead of after publishing each project because this is the file that will be used to perform the publishing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion @Stagprime. I queried the fix with our developers and they've updated our LMS to accept any variation of the "en" tag so I sadly won't be able to test it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At least you have something that works for you.

That is what matters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources