• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing Quiz attempts limit post deployment via XML (or other editable file).

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could someone tell me if it is possible to change the number of quiz attempts post publication?

I have been having issues with users failing a quiz 3 times, then not being able to try again because of the way that the hosting LMS works.

Is there a setting in an XML file that I can modify to change from 3 attempts to Infinite? 

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally I would do this with LMS features, much easier. You can reset the course for those learners who failed and they get another 3 quiz attempts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply and suggestion.

Tried that. It doesn't work for us. Seems to be thing with Oracle. Their support said to set the courses to infinite attempts and set the limit in Oracle. I'm trying to bypass this by modifying the settings in the XML (or wherever) without creating a new offering because then everyone will have to do it twice (or again).

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources