• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Choppy Jumpy Cursor on Remote Desktop Video Demo

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Captivate on a remote desktop (working remotely seems to be the way of the world these days) and I am having some issues while attempting to record a video demo. The Mouse Cursor is extremely jumpy when I move it around the screen. This shows up on the video; as the mouse moves across the screen, it is extremely choppy. Is there any settings that might help fix this? Any help you can offer is very much appreciated. Thanks. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say that you're using Captivate on a remote desktop - I interpret the statement at face value to mean that you are remotely accessing some other computer via a VPN connection, Third party software such as TeamViewer or LogMeIn, etc. and it is the remote computer which has Captivate installed.

If that is the case perhaps this is simply a bandwidth/resources issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct. I am using captivate over a VPN using windows 10 Remote Desktop. The cursor only becomes choppy when I begin recording a captivate Demo Video. The cursor is smooth otherwise. I found this problem also happened in Camtasia, but the techsmith support help team were able to advise me of registry settings that corrected the issue (but this only fixed it for camtasia). 

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if this is not happening I always will edit the mouse in the Editor. You can smooth the paths, or even take out the mouse movement and just keep the moue click, choosig one of the highlighter possibilities for that mouse click. I find the long mouse movements often too distracting. For the rest I also think this is due to the fact that you are recording using a too low bandwidth. Recording an application residing on your system is always the ideal situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I currenly dont have access to the computer that Captivate is installed on, so accessing the program through remote VPN is my only option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Video Demo needs editing, do you mean you cannot edit it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources