• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Chrome 88 update affected user experience

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all ,I'm currently using the Captivate 2019 subscription, I need help with the following issue.

Before the Google chrome 88 update (released on February 17/2021), xAPI contents with video slides created recently in Captivate 2019 (using fluid boxes and published as HTML5 zip file into an LMS) could be viewed in Android devices in full screen (i.e browser address bar is not visible ) in landscape mode , using the "desktop site" option of Google Chrome app .

After the Chrome 88 update, I'm no longer able to get a full screen experience for the same content ,since the address bar of the browser stays there itself . In addition to this ,there is an additional bottom tab that is being introduced in the update which takes up even more space from the bottom of the screen .

As a result of this update ,the mobile device user experience for my Captivate responsive projects is completely ruined.

As of today ,I am getting full screen experience for Captivate 2019 based content even on older Chrome versions like Chrome 56 and recent Chrome 87.So I believe that the new chrome update is the reason for this issue.

I get full screen ,when I open the content from the LMS in the desktop site of earlier versions of chrome Android app and then slightly pinch zooming in on the content and then sliding up which removes the address bar completely from the screen , creating a view similar to what we get when we press F11 in Chrome for Windows 10.

Although I tried viewing the contents using latest version of Firefox app , I got a warning message from Captivate saying "The browser does not support some of the content in the file you are trying to view" and gave a list of recommended browsers which includes Firefox undefined or later.

I hope this issue gets fixed as soon as possible .

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?